Coca-Cola First Generation Scholarship Program
The University of Georgia hosted the annual Coca-Cola First Generation Scholars Dinner in March at the SkyClub in Sanford Stadium. The university recognized 13 students who are fourth-year Coca-Cola First Generation Scholarship recipients.
The Coca-Cola First Generation Scholarship supports academically outstanding students who are the first in their families to attend college and demonstrate a financial need. The scholarship, which provides $5,000 per year in addition to the HOPE Scholarship, is renewable for an additional three years if the recipients maintain certain academic standards. The Coca-Cola Foundation has funded the scholarship to 139 University of Georgia students since 2007.
Applications for the scholarship are not accepted. Coca-Cola First Generation Scholarship recipients are selected by the UGA Office of Student Financial Aid and the Office of Undergraduate Admissions from accepted applicants to UGA.
- $5,000 per year; renewable for four years if required GPA is maintained (2.8 GPA for the first year and 3.0 GPA thereafter)
- Eligibility to participate in services and several unique programs provided by the University of Georgia
- Support in adjusting to college life, as well as many opportunities to grow as an individual and as a member of the university community
In order to qualify for the scholarship, students must:
- Demonstrate financial need
- Not have a parent or sibling that has attended college
- Enroll full-time at UGA
- Have Georgia residency
- Attain and maintain a 2.8 grade-point average during the first year and a 3.0 grade-point average thereafter
- Participate in a specially designed First-Year Seminar