Interactive Digital Media Assistant
The Office of the Vice President for Instruction is seeking an upper level undergraduate student for an Interactive Digital Media Assistant in the OVPI Office of Public Relations. Position is for Spring Semester 2018.
The Interactive Digital Media Assistant will be responsible for creating media that responds to input and interacts with users to communicate concepts related to OVPI units and programs. Graphic communication and computer programming are highly desired. Writing experience for digital media and videography skills are a plus. The use of programming languages and design programs will be employed in website design, e-newsletters, and videos.
This is a highly creative, fast paced and rewarding position that supports the Public Relations Office in the Office of the Vice President for Instruction in communicating and promoting the academic units and programs that support students at UGA. This position is a tremendous portfolio-building opportunity for a motivated student. Former student assistants in this office have used their experience to get nationally competitive internships and job offers before graduation.
The Interactive Digital Media Assistant is a PAID experiential learning position. The student must commit to working at least one semester, 15-20 hours each week between the hours of 8am-5pm. The Office of the Vice President for Instruction is conveniently located on campus and offers flexible scheduling around classes.
- Develop new design tools and create graphical interfaces.
- Participate in quality assurance testing, maintaining existing applications and research new technologies and methods.
- Design using aesthetic elements, such as size, artwork, images, animation and font, and construct the designs using layout and animation software.
- Web development, writing for electronic media, vector illustration and 3D modeling.
- The above responsibilities are not entirely inclusive or restrictive. All candidates will be considered.
- All design must adhere to current UGA branding standards.
- Demonstrable web design experience, as well as experience with such programs as Java, Flash Actionscript, XML, Adobe AfterEffects or Adobe Premier.
- Knowledgeable about computer technology and technical processes involved.
- Creativity and imagination
- Organized and self-motivated.
- Interested in working with interactive media, particularly digital technology.
How to Apply
- Submit a cover letter with your statement of purpose and why you think you'd be a good fit for this job, as well as a current resume (Word doc or PDF) that includes digital experience to email@example.com, along with the following:
- Online portfolio or a document with links to your best interactive media work.
- Reference (contact info) from at least one faculty member or full-time professional who is familiar with your work.
- Application deadline: Dec. 1, 2017