Video Conferencing Options
UGA recommends using Zoom online video conference services.
When using Zoom, please know that the performance of these tools is dependent on the quality of the computer hardware and the internet connection. In times of disruption, the network may not always have sufficient bandwidth and could impact the quality of communication. In particular, remember that even when you have a high-quality network, some of your audience may not have the same quality on their end.
Zoom is UGA’s online meeting tool and is quick to set up and use. It allows you to share your documents (e.g., Powerpoint slides) with your audience while broadcasting audio. Your student can join this meeting online and have the option to listen to the audio using their computer or a phone.
Some considerations when using Zoom:
- You can invite up to 300 participants. Consider this when planning for larger classes.
- You will need to invite your students via email which you can do directly from the Classlist tab on your eLC course page.
- To deliver your lectures asynchronously, you can record and save your lectures and share this with your students.
- You can set-up a UGA Zoom background by following these easy directions.
- Avoid Zoombombing by managing screensharing,managing your participants or creating a wait room.